Why Born in a Barn?

Well, we live in one. Kinda. Want the extended version? Click here.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

I have banana peels on my legs.

Literally. It makes it a little difficult to move without making a mess.

We think I have PUPPS, which, in short, is an itchy, hideous rash you get in pregnancy that has no cure, other than delivery, which is when the rash usually disappears.

Basically it itches like crazy and looks disgusting. It is mostly on my inner thighs, but has started to gravitate down my legs and up my belly. I have a few spots on my arms. Honestly, I can deal with the itchiness & pain better than the looks of it. Since it looks nasty, I no longer feel comfortable putting on a bathing suit in front of anyone other than family, and that also means all my dresses will just be hanging in the closet for the time being. I need to go out and buy long dresses to cover my legs. I currently only own 3 long dresses. Target is calling my name. Another bonus? Heat makes it worse.

Oh, back to why I have banana peels on my legs. I am trying some natural remedies I found online, since Benadryl makes me sleepy and I'm not really a medicine person. (minus injecting myself for a baby's sake)

Banana peels was on that list. I like bananas. Why not put the peel to good use after I eat one? I will also be lathering on some olive oil next time I get out of the shower. Then, putting on a paste of baking soda & water, which has provided relief for poison ivy in the past. I also ordered some Grandpa's pine tar soap, which apparently has worked wonders for many, and could possibly clear it up!

B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

2 comments:

  1. I hope one of your home remedies work! I think we are long lost sisters. I have very sensitive skin, I don't take meds (except for fertility purposes), and I would 100% try all of those remedies first.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...you poor thing...I hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete