Why Born in a Barn?

Well, we live in one. Kinda. Want the extended version? Click here.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Scratch that diagnosis.

Both literally & figuratively. It's not PUPPS. I knew it was something uncommon when my OB went to get another OB to take a look, and I heard her comment that she had never seen this condition, only read about it before.

I have an autoimmune disease, gestational pemphigoid. Only about 1 in 50,000 women get this. Awesome odds, huh?

I will have this until delivery, at least. Sometimes it sticks around for months after. The only thing they can do is treat the symptoms. So, I'll keep testing out my natural remedies.

The scariest part is that I have to have weekly ultrasounds to monitor little man. I'm worried, no surprise there.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you should go out and buy a lotto ticket with those odds! ;-)

    All kidding aside, that really freaking blows. I'm so sorry you are dealing with the itching, along with more worry about your LO. I'm hoping you don't suffer too much and that LO is unaffected. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope you can find some natural way to treat the symptoms. And I really hope everything stays okay with your little man! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete