Why Born in a Barn?

Well, we live in one. Kinda. Want the extended version? Click here.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bitter or better?

I remember hearing the words "We can become bitter or better." It really hit me. When we go through shitty situations (to say the least) it changes us. I guess I can choose which one I want to become. I always thought that my struggle with infertility would make me a better person in the long run. You know, make me appreciate things more, not take them for granted. Make me a more sympathetic person. A better listener. More understanding. More compassionate. And I can't leave out the fact that I will never ask rude, personal questions. "Why don't you have kids?" ::shudder:: Everyone would be better if they knew not to do such.

But for now, I choose bitter. Or maybe I'm not choosing. Maybe it's because the pain is too raw. Bitter chose me? I don't know. One day, I'll choose better.

This makes me think of a poem I read now & then. You can read it here.

2 comments:

  1. One day you will...but for now it's okay to just be bitter! You are right it's a "shitty" situation! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am better in a lot of ways. But, also, definitely bitter.

    ReplyDelete